Business management requirements vary according to the level of education you have earned. Typically, this program is formatted to achieve a four-year bachelor’s degree with 120 semester hours to complete.
A business management degree will give you a solid base foundation to prepare you for a wide array of job opportunities. In addition to the business courses, a BBA will teach you the skills needed in leadership, technology, and character-building!
See our selections for the Best Online Bachelor of Business Management Degree Programs!
As Business management is such a versatile career, you should choose the path that best prepares you to achieve your career goals.
- Associate Degree: Earning a two-year associate degree in business management can offer you opportunities to break into the world of business. While you are working your way through a company, starting at the ground level, you may advance in the company by obtaining a bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A four-year bachelor’s degree, such as a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management, is generally your best choice for many reasons, as most employers are looking for positions requiring this four-year degree at a minimum. Obtaining a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) will inevitably open doors to maximum career climbing potential.
- Master’s Degree: For top-level positions, you will want to seek a Master’s degree. Employers seeking candidates for senior-level positions are looking for those with advanced degrees. Typically, this additional education requires an extra two years or more of schooling beyond the bachelor’s level. A master’s degree may become an option offered to you by your employer to seek that top position in the company you work for.
- Doctorate Degree: For further career advancement, earning a Doctorate degree in Business Management is often required. Furthermore, if you would like to enter the field of research or become a professor in business administration, a doctoral degree is a must-have. Also, a Doctorate in Business Management is good if you are looking for specialized skills.
To obtain an online Bachelor of Business Management degree, for example, you will be expected to comply with the general education requirements mandated by your school. Most schools require classes in mathematics, such as college algebra, as well as calculus.
Others include biology and chemistry, sociology, history, English composition, American government, and geology, to name a few.
Core Business Management courses cover a wide array of business-related programs, such as:
- public relations,
- and accounting, of course.
- You can also expect to learn about business law and ethics.
Concentrations To Consider
If your online Business Management degree program allows, you may be interested in choosing a specialization, depending on your interests and career aspirations.
Concentrations may include:
- Entertainment Management,
- Healthcare Management,
- Sports Management,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Internet Marketing,
- or Agriculture Management, among others.
Take a look at this, too:
- Top Online Master’s of Business Administration Degree Programs
- The Fastest Online Associate Degrees in Business Management